Friday, September 19, 2008

Show and Tell Friday


My dad has recently revamped his 70's kitchen and while he was cleaning out the kitchen he found this bowl and asked me if I wanted it. I jumped on it! I'm an only child, so it's not like I beat out anyone else :)
The bowl was his mother's and it has neat little moons and stars around it. I need to get some little fall gourds and pumpkins to make it say "Welcome Fall".

It's Show & Tell Friday over at Kelli's There's No Place Like Home. Drop by for a visit and see who else is there for Show & Tell. It is always a great time and you never know who you will meet!

11 comments:

Nora Lee said...

I love it! That will be perfect with fall accents. Finding these type of things thrifing is always nice, but to have something from within your family is priceless.

Monique said...

That is a beautiful bowl and a family heirloom. I love the colour.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend !!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Great bowl. I am an only child too...great job at jumping on the bowl!!

Dawn said...

Fabulous bowl! It's a keeper!

Susan said...

What a great bowl. You'll have to show it again after you get your stuff in it.
Susan

joyh82 said...

Very cute, it will be a treasure since it came from a family member.

Jean said...

Love your bowl! It looks super for fall. Great family treasure! Jean

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That bowl is the perfect color for fall decorating! It's always nice to have a family treasure.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

I have a few of my grandma's bowls. I use them all the time. It is funny b/c you can go to an auction and pay $100 for one. I got mine for free.

Rhonda said...

I have never seen a bowl like this one and it is beautiful! lucky you!

Lady Katherine said...

I love your bowl. Its perfect for fall.